Monday, March 05, 2007

Times To Remember




Today is one of those days that everyone dreads, and yet, leaves a bitter sweet taste in one's heart. Today I said good-bye to my best friend as she packed up her life, and has moved back home where God is calling her. I have known this day was coming for over a year now, yet it still seems like time was stolen from us. We have lived with each other on and off for 3 years, and have had many adventures, highs, lows, silliness (that my fiance can hardly be in the same room for), and heartache we have shared together.
It was hard to let her go knowing that this truly was the last time that I would get to live with Sarah. As God has taken me to the path of matrimony. I will have a permanent roommate come July and I would not change that for the world, but the consiquences of such decisions still are hard to accept.
It always seemed that no matter how rough life was or where those silly adventures were, Sarah was there with me. I realize that yes, we have only known each other 3 years, but we have become close friends and even sisters in that short time.
My adventures with Sarah have not ended, but I know they will not be as many.
This bitter sweet feeling is due to the good-byes I had to say today, know that I would not be in such close quarters for an extended time as we have shared before, but I still have a friend who I can love, and be loved in return that will last a lifetime.

1 Comments:

At 3/06/2007 11:53 p.m., Blogger The Anne of Jules said...

Yay! A new entry! I know the feeling of saying goodbye. But you're right. There are the kind of friends that will always be your friends...and your husband will still have to leave the room when you are together. :) Love you future sis!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home