Thursday, December 07, 2006

If Only I Didn't Care

I'm sitting in the computer lab, waiting for my final class of the semester to start, when I find myself completely and utterly overwhelmed. I see the future and it seems so far away, all I can think about it my next week, my next week of stress, little sleep and unassurance of my success. All I want to do is be done with school and doing what my heart yearns for, to be working in youth ministry molding the minds of our future generation. Yet I cannot get there without the tools and knowledge in how to do that effectively. It seems like a cycle that there is no way out of. I was sitting in my last class praying that God would somehow show me the fast track and yet still receive the knowledge I would get through a degree. I'm not sure how I will make it through this. Maybe it's because I'm overwhelmed, maybe it's me being lazy and not wanting to do the work, maybe it's me not always seeing the complete importance of this time, but all I know is that God is silent...meaning, He has me here to finish. I want to cry. I want to sit down and forget that exams start next week. I just want to be done. Only 5ish more semesters. ONLY. It still seems like a long time.

2 Comments:

At 12/07/2006 5:59 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

OH LORD REMEMBER ME

Here I am, Lord,
Do please, remember me,
I Praise Your dear Name....
And Blessings, I see.

Remember me, Lord,
As I go through this day,
Things are not always easy....
But....I press on, and Pray.

Forgive me AGAIN, dear Lord,
Burdens become heavy for me,
Being weary, I sometimes stumble....
And then....I remember Calvary.

Leona I. Miller

 
At 12/07/2006 6:36 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

As Thou Goest, Step by Step, I Will Open Up the Way Before Thee
Proverbs 4:12

Arthur E. Ritchie


Child of my love, fear not the unknown morrow,
Dread not the new demand life makes of thee;
Thy ignorance doth hold no cause for sorrow
Since what thou knowest not is known of Me.

Thou canst not see the hidden meaning
Of my command, but thou the light shall gain;
Walk on in faith, upon My promise leaning,
And AS THOU GOEST, all shall be made plain.

One step thou seest -- then go forward boldly,
One step is far enough for faith to see;
Take that, and thy next duty shall be told thee,
For STEP BY STEP thy Lord is leading thee.

Stand not in fear thy adversaries counting,
Dare every peril, save to disobey;
Thou shalt march on, all obstacles surmounting,
for I the Strong, WILL OPEN UP THE WAY.

Wherefore go gladly to the task assigned thee,
Having my promise, needing nothing more
Than just to know, wher'er the future find thee,
In all thy journeying I go BEFORE.

__________________________________________________

Praying for you!! ........ And can't wait to have you home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home